My Bucket List


My Bucket List

#1 Grow Old with my Babe

Growing old with the man I could not imagine my life without is my #1 desire. I want to laugh with this man, cry with this man, travel with this man, rock in rocking chairs on the front porch with this man. I just want to do life with this man for as long as we are able.



#2 Watch My Children Grow


I cannot remember a time when I did not want to be a mother. From childhood to adulthood, I have longed to have children. Despite having a medical condition (septate uterus) that could have prevented childbearing, God has blessed me with three beautiful boys. Alongside my dear husband, I yearn to dwell on all the moments we get to experience together. Still, my deepest aspiration is to watch them grow into the men they will be. Men who love the Lord above all else. Men who adore their wives. Men who disciple their own children. Men who cannot live without their mama.






My parents, their family, and most of their grandkids
#3 Have Grandchildren

When it comes to amazing grandparents, I have been blessed with the best examples. Someday, I want to be the best grandmother whoever walked the planet.  I want to be the favorite. Greg, my husband, is always the favorite. I don't do "fun" quite as well as he does. Nevertheless, I will be preparing to be the better grandparent. We will have lots of sleepovers, lots of junk food, lots of adventures, and lots of talks about Jesus.

My paternal grandparents
My maternal grandparents


#4 Disciple

I want to share the gospel with as many people as I possibly can. I want everyone to know their need for Christ. I want to tell all people that we are all sinners who fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23), and we do not and cannot save ourselves (Ephesians 2:8-9). I want everyone to know that we have a Savior, and He came to rescue us and to be the perfect sacrifice by living the perfect life (Hebrews 9:12, Philippians 2:6-8). He never sinned and yet He took the punishment for our sin, death on a cross. Consequently, He defeated sin and death by rising from the dead! Now through faith in Him, we get his righteousness. What a gift! He takes our sin, and we get His righteousness. This is the good news I long to share with all I meet. 


At Bible Study
Ready for Tube Mania

#5 Have Fun

My face after an oyster

This one sounds so sad! I'm a safe, cautious, don't do much kind of girl. My idea of fun is going out to
eat or going to the movies. But lately I've been expanding my horizons a wee bit more. This past summer, I've done more daring things than I have in the past 12 years! For instance, I went rock climbing, I played tube mania (a game involving wrestling for inner tubes), was blobbed, and tried oysters (yuck). I did these things prior to my hysterectomy. It was as if I wanted to experience as much as I could before surgery. I definitely want to continue finding enjoyment outside my comfort zone.




Blobbing




#6 Get My Degree

I never thought I would go back to school. It has been 17 years since my first  attempt at college. First, I thought I was too dumb to go back to school. Second, I had no desire to. Now that I am currently enrolled, I will do whatever it takes to get my degree. I will do it for myself, for Greg, and for my boys.





#7 Travel

I want to travel. I want to camp. I want to make memories at a variety of destinations. I want to take my boys to Florida. I want them to experience Disney, Universal Studios, and the ocean. I want to camp in a camper at all the campgrounds. I want romantic getaways with my dreamy stud muffin. It isn't so much about the destinations as it is about being with the people that make the memories worthwhile.
Pictured Rocks
Mackinac Island




#8 Read

I love, love, love to read. There are so many books and so little time. Most importantly I want to read and reread my Bible. Charles Spurgeon said, "Visit
many books, but live in the Bible." I want to study it and consume it. I want to read all the books on theology, from the old dead guys to today's greatest theologians. I also long for the day when I will have time for some light reading as well. 










#9 Friendships


I want real friendships. I want deep and meaningful friendships that last a
lifetime. I want nights where we hang out in our PJs, eat pizza and ice cream, drink wine, and watch movies. I want countless memories filled with laughter at inside jokes. I want memories of shared tears and heartaches. I want Christ-centered friendships that always point me back to Jesus.




#10 Go Home

After I have lived my life to the fullest, I want to go home. This place is not my home. My citizenship is in heaven (Philippians 3:20). I look forward to the day when I can be face to face with my Savior. I have hope for what is yet to come. So, I will rejoice as I wait for the day when there will be no more pain and suffering. I will survey His glory as I wait for all to be made new
(Rev 21:1-7).




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Three Most Influential People in my Life

Literary Analysis of "The Red Convertible"